Saturday 20 October 2012

A word before we begin...


A patchcord is just a little electrical cable, something we used extensively in our college labs to rig circuits. But more generally it's any cable that can connect two separate electrical or electronic or optical devices and get them operating together.

At this point in my life there are lots of decisions that I need to take and a whole lotta options. Too many, one might argue. Take just career for instance. In school I veered toward software and computer science. In college, for several reasons, I chose a predominantly-hardware based engineering degree in telecommunications. And now at work I have people suggesting I consider management as an option. As much anxiety as all these options cause in the present, the hope is that I can somehow leverage this somewhat wide perspective to do better in the future.

This blog, then, is an attempt at trying to distill all the information, experiences and ideas I've accumulated thus far; to take seemingly disparate ideas and connect them, and then start converting inspiration into action.

Also, 'Patchcording' seemed a nice euphemism for what others might take for wasting-time-on-the-internet. :p

Anyway, I'm excited... let's get to it. More posts soon. :)

1 comment: